Wednesday, August 22, 2007

demons vs. God- guess who wins?

you know whats funny. its amazing how many different ways God can speak to you it you seek it. okay, so this morning, i was freaking out because i was hearing sounds from jeffs room and really suddenly i was just attacked with this fear that theres was a demon in there and i was sooo scared and i didn't know what to do. so i prayed and i got a little bit better, enough to go close enough to the door to close it. i was still freaking out and i couldn't concentrate enough to read my bible so i went into the living room and turned on the tv. at first i was really mad because i was sure this was the demons plan- that i wouldn't be able to concentrate so i'd be wasting my time instead of doing something and learning something important from God. (i've been reading screwtape letters- soooo good!) But then i remembered that i had a christian channel on tv so i switched to it. it had a infomertial (i don't care about my spelling anymore) on it and i was really disappointed, so i kept on flipping and then i came across this one channel that had a christian program on it and iwas watching it. guess what it was talking about?they were talking about fear and how we shouldn't be afraid because God is always beside us and he's more powerful than anything else. I just kinda sat there smiling. and then i stuck my tongue out at jeff's door as i walked past because guess what, i got God on my side and that demon has NO power compared to my God. and he's always with me

4 comments:

Paul said...

Erin it was honestly a demon?

Paul said...

anyways I had this dream last night which felt pretty realbut I know it wasn;t it just creeped me out. so anyways I had this dream my Mom woke me up and she's like you have to get rid of the evilin the house. and Im like what and shes like you know how to do it. and I was like o snap are you serious. So her and I went to our staircase and shone a light and I rebuked or whatever and then we did it in the living room and the hallway I dont remember doing the litchen or my sisters room or the bathroom but we did my moms room and mine. I did mine a few times but I still felt creeped out. so then I kept actually waking up in the middle of the night all creeped out and it was a really odd night.

Erika said...

The Screwtape Letters is an amazing book! If you have the chance, read it for sure!

*gracie* said...

hmm.. thats very interesting.