Wednesday, July 4, 2007

wow, more amazing words from my devotional site. this is awesome

A Woman From IndiaBy: Doug Bischoffmailing@tddm.org
><> §«:*´`³¤³´`*:»§«:*´`³¤³´`*:»§« † »§«:*´`³¤³´`*:»§«:*´`³¤³´`*:»§ <><
“If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all.” Isaiah 7:9 In our neighborhood, there is an Indian woman (like from India) that I see walking all the time. As I’m writing this she just passed by the window. Given her current rate of walking and her normal round-the-block frequency, I would estimate to see her again sometime around September. As my uncle would say, “She could lose a foot race to a 1-legged centipede.” I know he’s kind of weird. Anyway, back to my story. I first noticed this woman about 3 months ago as she went for her evening walk. I was mowing the yard and had just started when she went by. About 45 minutes later, there she was again. And we don’t have that big of a block. But what she gives up in speed she definitely makes up for in consistency. Every night, several times around the block. Good thing it’s summer or she would need a flashlight around lap two! Our Christian walk is to be like that – slow and steady! Not a burst of speed right out of the blocks and then falling behind. This verse points to the consistency of standing firm. Little by little, step by step, keep moving forward. I’m not really wired for that. I want big explosions of growth. Somehow, that doesn’t happen. Wherever you may be, keep moving forward. Stand firm and ease forward.

4 comments:

Sami said...

hey erin can you put that site up so i can check it out?
thanks!
samm

enji said...

oh, it's www.tddm.com

enji said...

wait, no, www.tddm.org

*gracie* said...

thats pretty cool