Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Cults vs. religion


i don't mean any specific religion. actually, maybe i do. it was more focused on Christianity. anyway, to the story:

there was a girl in my class today that said that cults and religion were basically the same. i was like, i totally don't believe that, they are total opposites. but then one of the only differences i could actually think of is that cults are usually created by humans in worship of humans and (yay!) Jesus, who even though he was the son of God was a human, in worship of God.

I'd really like your imput if you have any wisdom on the subject. it's not gonna shake my faith or anything, but just so i can be prepared next time a question like that comes my way...

3 comments:

Paul said...

Well Erin,
first off in cults I believe that you first need an oriintation to be a part of a cult with God you ask him to be your best friend and he is there. Also you need to do certain things to be invovlved in a cult much like the KKK killing how do I put this nicly, african americans. With God you try to do your best following him and he shows you his plan.this is all I have right now but I'm sure I'll think of something else later.

enji said...

it sounds like your talking about a gang. cults and gangs aren't the same. did you mean gang?

Paul said...

I still believe there is an orinitation but thats besides the point since to ba a part of a cult you need to fulfill a satanic purpose seeing as a cults are just another way to fill that whole that only God can fill.Im not talking about a gang why don't you research it for more information if your not sure what it entales. I know that the main thing about a cult is that it strays you the complete opposite way from God.