Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Good and Bad

hello out there! well i am just amazed at how much this blog has already been used in the one day that it has been up and running...but you guys amaze me and God amazes me with what he is doing in your lives! i love it!
so my little miracle this week... on sunday night i had a nightmare. woke up at 3:15am scared out of my mind. when i get nightmares, which i don't get very often, i get them bad. so i woke up and was like how in the world am i going to go back to sleep? i know that if i go back to sleep the nightmare will just pick up from where it left off. so then i was like oh duh, pray! so i started praying really hard, just for God to take away the pictures in my mind and to calm me down, and just to be my comfort that night. and wow is all i can say...i immediately felt more comfortable, and i laid back down and fell asleep praying! no more nightmares! yay! praise God!
and the other thing was that well i had to perform a monologue for drama class yesterday. and i was really really nervous...if you guys don't know, i get really bad nerves before getting up in front of a crowd of people. i love being up there, but my nerves are really bad. so i was praying the whole time before i went up. and i was just waiting to go on stage, and i was shaking because i was super super nervous. so i was praying super hard and i was like God just take away the nerves and help me remember my lines and let this be ok. so i stepped onto the stage...and immediately i was calm. i started talking and i didn't mess up once. my monologue went better than i had imagined. i was totally in character and i moved around the stage and my voice was loud enough and it rose and fell with my words and emotions. afterwards, everyone was congratulating me on how well i did...but i was giving the glory to God because he had made me less nervous and just allowed me to have that awesome experience!
but my week hasn't been all good...it's been hard, too. especially yesterday. when i came home from school, my mom was kinda in a bad mood. she was just really nit-picky about the things i had to do and wouldn't get off my case about some stuff. and it's not like i was being bad or anything...i was doing what she asked and i wasn't stomping up the stairs or anything. but it just really bothered me because i wasn't doing anything wrong...at least not that i could see. and still she was just on my back.
the other thing i can't tell you guys about right here or right now, but if you guys could just pray for me on this unmentioned issue that would be awesome because i feel very alone and confused on this issue and i just don't know what to do.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Katelynn, i'm praying for you and i know the rest of the girls are too. God's with you and don't forget that He loves you, and so do i.

enji said...

my mommy seems to go through the same thing continously.
i'm going to be a hypocrite as i write this, but anyway, have you thought about sitting her down and asking her what's up?