Sunday, June 24, 2007

Is he enough for you?




i guess i've been challenged to look at my life. i remembered the time that Trent spoke on the question, "Is God enough for you?" i hope you guys were all there.


this is something God's bringing to me lately and i don't know hhow to react or how to answer. i think fellowship is HUGELY important and i love you guys more than anything, but if everyone could, just for a second, imagine your own life without this blog site, without the mexico team, without sn. high sponsors. Is God enough for you? could you handle being alone? would you worship with the same confidence if you didn't know a single soul in the church service? would you stay commited to journalling and praying if there was no one there telling you that its important or what they learnt on a weekly basis? how different would your worship of God be if there were no other Christians around you? Is God enough for you?


which, don't get me wrong, i guess this is exactly WHY we need fellowship and the support and prayer of other Christians. but God's been asking me, how strong would you be, if you TRULY had to rely on me for everything? if i was all alone and i had nothing but my prayer journal and my bible, how long would i stay commited, stay praising him?


look at the life of Job. he had everything taken away that could possibly be taken. and yet he praised God. faith like that is amazing to me. Job is my hero because everything and everyone in his life was telling him that God had abandon him and that he should curse God, but somehow in the end, he was still blessing God's name. Job is my hero.


i don't have any answers to all these questions because God has blessed me hugely with wisdom, comfort, prayer support from the people around me. i am so thankful for all of you. i love you guys with everything that i have. but i'm just wondering, if i didn't have you guys to turn to, to give my troubles to, Is God enough for me?

1 comment:

Sami said...

erin i totally agree with you! and i love how you continue to challenge me . without you i wouldn't stop to think about all the tough questions. God has given many people in our group the gift of wisdom and it is evident in you! keep on using your spiritual gift! I love you girl!!