Sunday, June 3, 2007

My friend, the athiest

Well tonight i had a very interesting conversation with a friend of mine from outdoor school who is an athiest. Guess what we talked about. Gay marriage. The first thing he said to me after i said hey was "What do you think about gay marriage?" The question caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting to be discussing this subject just then. A few minutes into the conversation I became quite frustrated because I know what I believe and what I think but I couldn't articulate those thoughts, I couldn't put them into words that seemed to make sense to him. There was a point in the conversation where I wanted to cry because I absolutely hate it when I am talking to someone who doesn't believe in God and I can't seem to convince them that there are any valid points to christianity. It breaks my heart when people I know and care about don't see or feel the wonder I do in God's power and love. God loves them but they don't see it and maybe they never will. What can I say to convince them otherwise? I don't know the answer but I wish I did. So the conversation went on and we started talking about other aspects of spirituality and I asked him what he thought of death. Did he believe in life after death? No. To him, when you're dead, you're dead. Another arrow in the heart. Can God make him see? Of course He can. Will He? I don't know. Can I somehow, through God's power, not mine, show him that there is more than life on earth? that there is life after death, and that he can live in eternal bliss with the creator of everything? I need prayer guys. Pray for my friend, one who does not know our God, that God may soften his heart towards Him and pray that God would give me the words to say and another chance to say them. May God be praised always.

2 comments:

enji said...

i was gonna comment, but it got kinda too big for that...

katelynn said...

praying...